Progress notification on file upload (and other life saving issues)

Mar 31, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Hi!

I am starting out with your library. I am very happy somebody implemented this so I don't have to ;-) I haven't done yet any work as I am still waiting for upload access to be granted for my application.

Nevertheless, I am browsing the API. For starters I need a very simple functionality. I need to upload a video file from my desktop application. Your library seems to do the job but it appears as if one key element is missing (or I am missing something). I don't see a way to get called back during upload so I can update my progress indicator UI.

So basically, is there such a functionality already? If not, is it ok to make such a request and how long do you think it would take to implement? If you do not fulfill wishes or simply have no time, what is the proper conduct for a developer wishing to extend your library?

If you won't update it, I certainly must (or write everything from scratch). Do I propose you a patch? Can I use the modified source code and build a library on my own for a commercial app?

Huh, sorry for this many questions...

Apr 1, 2010 at 3:07 PM
Edited Apr 1, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Hey,

The library is very simple to implement and it does have the functionality to upload videos from web/windows applications however there is no way to get the file progress while uploading.

This shouldn't be a big problem to implement because the wrapper uses httpWebRequests to upload files.

I suggest you download the source code and update the FileUpload method located in "Methods.cs" If you have questions please send me an email to contact@bernardgatt.com

Cheers,

Bernard.

Apr 2, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Ok, thanks a lot!